Monday, July 14, 2008

bang

well we all slept in late on saturday after being up so late the night before, so we went to fuzzy's taco shop for a late lunch. we all enjoyed some fish tacos there and then went to briefly visit the school where mandy teaches. after that it was back to matt and mandy's home to decide what to do with the rest of the day. so after a few ideas being tossed around matt and i decided to go shoot some guns. we drove a short ways down to the winchester shooting gallery, that matt passes everyday on the way to work. now, matt had shot guns before but i had never really even held a gun. but i learned quickly. we shot two different guns. we started off with a mid-size glock 9mm. and i've got to tell you that sqeezing off that first shoot was a rush.

then we tried the smith & wesson .44, which was much more powerful. all in all it was quite an experience. i enjoyed the glock more because the .44 was a bit too powerful for me. after we finished shooting and left the range we perused the adjacent gun store, we were just looking. for the next hour or so i was real wound up over the whole shooting a gun for the first time thing. so to take my mind off of it matt treated me to a meal at chicken express where they had some of the best iced tea i've ever had. it was a good day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bob!

It's me, Rose!!! my sister Bobbie lives in Frt Worth (304-610-7216)...I think you met her or maybe it was her twin, Mary! at the Christmas party?? anyhoo, she would welcome you, any friend of Josh's is a friend indeed!
Doug just told me that you're heading out, oh well, maybe not look her up. Hey, we sure miss you! Thomas keeps asking "where's Bob?" when you get back, stop by our new house in Frt Hill...we're moving on up, like the Jeffersons!

While I visited my sis in Texas, she took me to the place where they herd the cows in the street, but it wasn't much, b/c the cows looked like they were ready to fall asleep. I can't recall the name of the place, it was like a huge market place. There were a few amazing Mexican restaurants, GREAT margaritas. Tell Matt Lester we said hello, not sure if he remembers me and Doug or not...
its been a while, the days Josh was seeing Pam.

don't lose your money in Vegas!

love muches, Rose