Sunday, July 13, 2008

culture in fort worth

well i've started my great american adventure. i began in charleston on thursday the 10th. at 3:00pm my bus left for fort worth, tx. a day and 5 hours later, i arrived and matt lester picked me up. from there he drove me past six flags and the new cowboy's football stadium being built. we went straight to the stockyards "district" where we had some great burgers and beer at the love shack. from there we headed over to the rodeo for some fun times. my favorite part was when the kids from the audience were asked to all come down and chase a calf for a ribbon on it's tail... hilarity ensued. buying tickets to the rodeo also afforded us free admission to the world's largest honky tonk, billy bob's... it was a bit much for me, but everyone else there seemed to be enjoying themselves. now i've never been to a honky tonk before so i don't have any frame of reference here but it was huge. if i had to pick out a theme from billy bob's it would be that the honky tonk loves texas and texas loves the honky tonk. so after all that me and matt drove to DFW airport to pick up mandy who was flying in from SFO and by this point i was pretty exhausted so i slept most of the way back to their home.

No comments: